Writing is a creative process which requires active mind involvement by the writer. The task of the writer is to develop a compelling piece of writing that has high readability and comprehension and it instantly gets connected to the reader. The power of true writing lies in getting the intended message across to the intended target audience in the most effective yet creative manner. For this purpose, the writer must possess exceptional writing skills.
No matter how professional or creative the writer is, he often finds himself at a loss of words. He sometimes feel blocked where he does not know what to write about or how to continue the topic. He gets distracted easily. This is the time when he needs to overcome distractions while writing and get his focus on the work. Blockages can be distracting but the can be removed.
- If the writer finds himself stuck in the middle and feels at a loss of words and ideas, he can follow these easy tips to get back into action.
- Re read the paragraph that you have just written. This helps to connect to what you were thinking about and what you were talking about.
- Read the introduction of the topic. This helps to remind the scope and significance of the topic which gives a direction for further writing.
- Go through the notes that you have gathered before writing. This gives the list of ideas that you wanted to include in your writing but might have forgotten to include.
- Sit back and re think about your topic. Think about the initiating about and how you planned to take it ahead.
- If you feel yourself stuck in the middle, think about the end. By keeping an eye on the conclusion, you would know where you wish to take your reader. This would help you analyze the point where you are standing and where you wish to be. The discrepancy in between will give you a stream of new things to be included in the topic.
- If sitting alone and thinking does not help then take a break. Relaxing the mind for sometime is good for the brain.
- Go out and get your mind diverted towards some other task that pleases you. This gives a boost to the mind and new blood flows.
- For some people, eating also helps. Eating sugary things that you like or particularly chocolates boosts the brain function.
- If you seem to get no help on your own, take help form external sources.
- For taking assignment help, discuss the topic with a friend and seek his ideas. New ideas will be put forth by him that you might not have thought yourself. This gives a new direction to writing.
These are some useful and easy to follow tips that helps to overcome stagnation and deadlock in writing and opens up the brain to new thoughts and things to write.